Thursday, January 23, 2020

saul-robot club-FPD

Today for open lab I worked on the First person driver. I was able to screw the seat back down,but a screw is missing. We are going to try and see if we can acquire the full set of screws.The day before today, I soldered and connected the chair cables to the platform. Also,I was able to measure the resistance of both the gas and break pedals. The data is logged into my notebook. I plan to upload it soon. The potentiometer on the gas pedal seems to be broken so I plan to restore it or replace it.

My goal is to have a fully functional First Person Driver. It is a Remote control drone that reacts to your actions on the the Driver's seat. The user will be able to view the location of the car based on the camera view,which will be mounted on the car.

There are many things that we must do before the FPD is fully functional,of which include;
-measuring the resistance of every sensor we plan to use and labeling the wires.
-Fixing the broken end of the turn signal on the steering wheel
-Connecting all the sensors onto a breadboard controlled by an arduino or raspberry pi.
-programming code for each sensor.
-Adding a monitor that can receive transmission from the drone style car.
-Adding sensors and a  volt meter to the car. measuring how fast the car goes and converting it into a ratio of MPH.        -Here are a few photos documenting the slow but steady process.-

No comments:

Post a Comment